New Panasonic zoom to be sloooow, but still groundbreaking with motorized zoom. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: New Panasonic zoom to be sloooow, but still groundbreaking with motorized zoom.

Yes and yes. But it does have a large sensor :)
John Griswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: New Panasonic zoom to be sloooow, but still groundbreaking with motorized zoom.

So the zoom control is the little slide buttons on the side of the lens? I doubt is these would give you much precision in the zoom. And the image seems as though it would drift out of focus until the software can catch up. I've shot some live events with the GH2 using a B4 adapter and putting a 2/3" lens on the body. It works great if your on sticks. If your not, you'll need a different setup.
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #18
Inner Circle

You are absolutley right Bryan. Useless for most of us, but who knows, maybe it's fine.

Bottom line for me is these cameras are consumer gadgets that happend to shoot great video. I really need to get a regular video camera to supplement these things, they are so much work.
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I think they are tantalizing. I see them along the same lines as the Red Camera where you have the record module and can build out from that. Unfortunately it may take Panasonic another generation of these cameras to get there. When I talked to Panasonic about the GH2 at NAB I was told they considered these cameras as consumer cameras and not to expect much more in lens development.
Old August 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #20
Trustee

But then there's the AF100 which uses the same lenses as the GH2.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I just wish someone would come up with a $3500 videocamera with a 35mm sized sensor and fixed zoom lens.
A $3500 videocamera with the same 35mm/FF sensor as the Canon 5D MKII with fixed zoom lens will not happen IMHO. The NEX-VG20 has the same APS-C sensor as the NEX-5N APS-C mid-range mirrorless compact.
Joe Ogiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Hmm the message says to contact Panasonic if you have an idea.. I can't seem to find an emailaddress suitable though.. anyone have one?

I would desperatly want the composite out to be enabled for live viewing, especially since I can't downconvert the HDMI output to composite..
Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series