latest and greatest SD cards for GH2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Major Player

latest and greatest SD cards for GH2

It seems Transcend and Sandisk are the front-runners - any particular ones that stand out are or to be avoided my new GH2.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: latest and greatest SD cards for GH2

Panasonic Gold. Very tough.

Anything with a name you don't recognize, for a tantalizingly low price, bought off eBay: very poor, probably not even Class 10.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Major Player

They seem very expensive compared to Sandisk - is that because of the 90mb/s transfer rate. Are they worth it?
Also can the GH2's use the new SDXC format ?
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I recommend Panasonic media in general, made to highest specs, and if it says Premium, etc., it is. Is it worth it? That's up to you.

Some people balk at pricier media and say it's the same as the cheap stuff. I don't believe that. By the same token I have customers that think I'm trying to rip them off by selling them a multicamera package over a single camera package.

Pricier media manufactured by companies like SanDisc or Panasonic generally, is made to higher specs. How this affects reliability and longevity very few of us know. I do know I buy the most expensive cards I can afford, and I sleep better at night. I'm imagine Panasonic doesn't manufacture their own cards, but instead specs them out to one of the few companies that make them, but regardless, if it says Panasonic Gold it's likely a very good product that will be reliable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series