Is IA mode on the GH2 supported on the Olympus 35-100mm f/2.0 Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Trustee

Is IA mode on the GH2 supported on the Olympus 35-100mm f/2.0 Lens

I have talked to people who have used it and it is a great lens but does the GH2 support IA operation with it?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/404517-REG/Olympus_261012_35_100mm_f_2_0_ED_Zuiko.html
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Is IA mode on the GH2 supported on the Olympus 35-100mm f/2.0 Lens

Jim,

Yes - as long as you use a Panasonic or Olympus OEM adapter such as the Panasonic DMW-MA1, Olympus MMF-1 or

There are less expensive 3rd party adapters, like this one from China, but they may not be 100% compatible.

You can also get an even less expensive "dumb" adapter like this one, but you would have no IA, no auto aperture, and no autofocus.

I was able to find a used MA1 for about the same price as the Chinese unit, but I had to shop around for quite some time.

If you need it now, I'd go ahead and buy it new or used from Adorama or

Hope this is useful.

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series