Windscreen for GH2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Windscreen for GH2

I have found a windscreen that works really well on my GH2's on-board microphone.

Read about it @ my blog. GH2 – Wind Noise No More » FrugalFilmmakers.com

http://frugalfilmmakers.com/wp-conte...H2-Micover.jpg
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Windscreen for GH2

Nice.

I have a similar (looking, anyway) muff for my Sony PCM-M10 audio recorder: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/704823-REG/WindTech_MM_50_MM_50_Mic_Muff_Fitted_Fur.html. I'll have to try it on my GH2. B&H has a bunch of other similar muffs that might work if this one doesn't: windtech mic muff.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Windscreen for GH2

Might check out these folks, closely held family business. I was one of the field testers for their product for the ZoomH1 that led to the WindJacket. It started with me ordering (and paying for) a windmuff for the H1. What they sent me didn't do super well (the H1 mics are awfully sensitive to wind).

So I emailed some suggestions and about a week later a package came in the mail with a note: "Try this and let us know". I sent more suggestions, their design engineer called me and we went over the problem. He had me go back out and test something he thought might help. It did and around a week after that came another package..."Try this one..."

Eventually one worked well, they made some refinements and I have one of their production models for the H1 they call the "WindJacket".

http://www.thewindcutter.com/shop/in...roducts_id=464

Then I sent my ZoomH2 to them so they could design one around it, it came back less than two weeks later very warmly clad in a WindJacket.

They've got the best products going, good wind protection comes from longer denser fur and these folks don't skimp Their "Stormchaser" models perform topnotch.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series