A rough start matching cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Major Player

A rough start matching cameras

I'm just starting work making a picture profile for my new AC160, that will match the GH2 with Flow Motion 2,2.

This is real rough but gives me something to start with and there is a learning curve with the 160 profiles.
The GH2 was shot with an 85mm, standard, -2.
Attached Thumbnails
A rough start matching cameras-comparep.png  
Don Litten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: A rough start matching cameras

Don I think I would start with doing an across your lens lineup comparison to make sure none is giving you colors already tweaked compared to the rest. I have read so many comments in the various forums I frequent, where people rant or rave about "colors" from such and such a lens. I want to say my Lumix Leica branded lenses "appear" to be giving me different colors than my other Lumix lenses. I might be full of crap there too, or just seeing a far sharper image. Either way, its something for you to consider as you go down this investigation of yours.

Good luck with it !!!
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Don

I had two AC-130's for 3 months and the lens on the 160 definately doesn't have the wow factor that the Leica lenses give you! My HMC82's with a smaller lens than the 160, gives a much better result in good light compared to my 130's (same lens as the 160) and simply cos it the Leica lens!!

What I did notice was the default scene file on the 130/160 is very flat ..especially Chroma so I would start off with at least a +2 on the Chroma scene file parameter. Actually try comparing footage shot on the F3 scene file (called spark) That will bring you a lot closer to the GH!! All the weddings I shot on the 130's with the default scene file needed a hefty colour saturation in post before I changed parameters..colours were just washed out!!

In case you were not aware, keep your iris on the 160 on or below F5.6 if you can...resolution suffers at anything from F8 and smaller with the 1/3rd chips!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Chris! I was hoping you'd jump in.
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Getting better but I still need to work on the shadows and green
Attached Thumbnails
A rough start matching cameras-sparkc-png-exp-gamma-offset.png  
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hey Don

That's a HUGE improvement!!! For some reason I found that the 130/160 tended to throw the grass colour quite artificial ..sorta closer to a lime green especially if you over expose (which due to the tiny aperture range is very easy to do!!) I found that a bit of under-exposure kept grass the right colour and not looking like artificial turf.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series