VF Solution for the GH3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Major Player

VF Solution for the GH3

I mentioned I was talking to the Hoodman people trying to come up with a solution for a VF to fit the new camera.
They were unable to get one to do tests, so I was giving them measurements and I came up with a thought.

So I ordered another HoodLoupe and HoodMag for a whopping $120 and I was right.
All you need is the Manfrotto 501PL QR plate and you're all set - that's it.

The extended 501 and the existing EVF create a perfect compression fit - I mean better than any system out there, and we've got most of them.
When I first measured the camera I realized that the little ridge to the left of the screen should make a perfect stop and it did (although it doesn't need it.)

It's perfectly light leakless (hey, a new word) and fits snug as if it were part of the GH3.
It weighs nothing and costs just a little more than that.

I noticed that the new version of the HoodLoupe is a tighter diopter and eyecup than the other couple we have which is great.
I mentioned the other day that I thought it was optically equal to the Z-Finder Pro. It's not quite, but it's really good and clear and 3x mag.
For a hundred bucks or so, it's a silly good fit.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Thumbnails
VF Solution for the GH3-gh3hood2.jpg  
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series