EU Pal GH3 owners - WiFi Remote record question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 28th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EU Pal GH3 owners - WiFi Remote record question

Hi All,

I'd appreciate some clarification on what's possible using the WiFi remote record on a smartphone.

I'm trying to figure out a workaround to the 30min video limit - is it possible to re-start video recording multiple times remotely via smartphone? So, essentially adding record time without the need to access the camera directly myself. I'm planning on using it as an unmanned 'b camera' for wedding and corporate work.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: EU Pal GH3 owners - WiFi Remote record question

Yes, you can remotely trigger it for 30 minutes and once it is finished you can remotely trigger it again. Be aware that once recording you can not operate it remotely, nor get a view on your smartphone. You canīt stop it either remotely. It will run for the full time you have set in advance.When it stops recording all functionalities are available again. You can then for example set recording time, iso, shutter speed etc.

I have noticed that connection between my smartphone and GH3 is quite weak. I lose connection quite often. Donīt know if the problem is the camera or my iPhone. It looked much more stable when I tested it with an iPad one day.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: EU Pal GH3 owners - WiFi Remote record question

Thanks for that Cees.

And you've brought me to my next question! Which is about whether Android or Apple works best - or whether there is any difference. I've to upgrade my phone as it is so may as well bear it in mind.

Anybody have experience with both Android/Apple and using the GH3 wifi?
Ryan James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series