GH3 Book? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Major Player

GH3 Book?

Anyone working on a GH3 book along the lines of the Rocky Nook GH2 book? I found it indispensable for figuring out how to use my GH2.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: GH3 Book?

I purchased a GH3. It is my first Panasonic camera and I am very interested in a book that does a better job explaining the features of the GH3. I find the owners manual very limiting.
I found this on Kindle.
The Panasonic GH3 Menu System Simplified: David Thorpe: Amazon.com: Books
The price is right at $.99. It is limited to the menu. Consequently, it is incomplete.

Enjoy
Kent Jakusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Kent, did you purchase one? Has it helped? I have a GH2 and a wonderful book from RockyNook. That should help with a little for the GH3. I'm looking for something similar to fill in the new stuff in the GH3. But perhaps this Kindle book will help a little. I'm curious if it helped you. It got a few reviews all pretty good.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #4
Major Player

For 99 cents at Amazon, GH3 shooters really can't go wrong buying this book. That said, you should be advised that the video capabilities of the camera are not given an in-depth treatment. As the author says in the preview:
Attached Thumbnails
GH3 Book?-gh3_book.png  
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Dennis;
Yes, the book did help clarify some things but it certainly is not complete. I felt it was worth the .99. It makes a good reference when in doubt.

Enjoy
Kent Jakusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks to all who have replied. I don't know why I'm even asking for a .99 book. I'll purchase one and surely will get .99 worth of value out of it.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series