GH3, MOV files and Sony Vegas.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GH3, MOV files and Sony Vegas....

Hello,

I posted this question in the Sony Vegas section but did not receive much feedback. I'm hoping that someone here can help.

I shot some footage using the MOV 1080 24p format (high bit rate) with my GH3. However, when I imported this into Sony Vegas, only the first segment of the clip is normal and has audio below it. Then the clip becomes a still frame and the audio disappears.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I shot an interview that I need to get edited fairly quickly.

Thanks!
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: GH3, MOV files and Sony Vegas....

How does the clip play outside of Vegas, Like using the VLC player, Quicktime player or the Windows Media player? If it plays ok, then the problem is inside Vegas. Maybe some setting for the file import inside Vegas? If I recall from my old Vegas days, hen the clip runs out it makes a freeze frame from that point on to fill the in and out points on the timeline that you made. what in and out settings did you make on the clip before putting it on the timeline?

Alex
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This was discussed in the folllowing thread earlier this year. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasoni...ony-vegas.html

Here is what I posted in that thread: " I shot one clip at 24p 72mbs setting today and get the same results in Vegas 12 as Duane did. I have been using the 30p 50mbs for all of my work except this test and there is no problem with that setting.

In regards to the extended video with 72mbs, it seems to play OK if one grabs the end of the clip and drags it back to match the audio".

I still am wondering if part of your file is actually missing or if you are just assuming it is missing because the video and audio length does not match. I also get the same thing if I have the camera set for 30p 50mbs and go in the menu and change the frame rate by 200%, 300% etc. Again the video extends as a frozen frame far beyond the audio, but if you drag it back to match the file will play as one expects.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Still happens at 24p with the latest version of Vegas 12. Faster to manually re-size the video clips than worry about contacting Sony. Really not a big deal, just match the video clip size to the audio, takes only a few seconds.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series