72 Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 50 Mbps (IPB) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 8th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: 72 Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 50 Mbps (IPB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Alex, don't you know that the Sony RX10 is the new hot camera? There are some good reports and sample videos from users over on Sony - General / Other
Sony service sucks!!!, and the camera is AVCHD crap codec!
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #32
Inner Circle

About 3 months ago you considered buying the camera and now suddenly you realize it has a crappy codec? :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I do have a right to change my mind NO? I overlooked the limited Mbps. I still like my GH3 and up coming GH4,
Old March 9th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #34
Inner Circle

avchd does have limitations with lots of fine detail and movement where you can see the macroblocking and it has a limited color-space so it is important to start of right in camera which will give you a bit of room to colorcorrect but it is not a "crappy" codec, it's a very efficient one and being used by many that make a living from their camera's. Also not having a "crappy" codec doesn't automatically mean it's good, there are still issues like moire and aliasing that come into mind, even with efficient codecs. For it's low price the rx10 delivers a lot and like any camera in this low price range there is a limitation found somewhere but judging a camera by it's codec alone is somewhat shortsighted.
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:56 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Never said I judged it by it's codec alone. Don't like Sony, there service absolutely stinks! I don't care what you think about my opinion! I have been there and done that with them and they are doing it again with the RX10, Are they innovative absolutely! Do they have very good quality control, depends which division,

There are many complaints already on the RX10 with excessive audio hiss, and camera lock ups,
The concept of the RX10 is pretty nice, but I hope Panasonic makes something along this line of camera.
Hey Noa, don't knock my opinions with mockery, no reason for that, discussing them is fine. You have your opinions just like I have mine.

On a more positive note! :) B&H Video is taking pre-orders for the GH4 4K camera $1,699.00!
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
There are many complaints already on the RX10 with excessive audio hiss, and camera lock ups,
Where did you read that? Can you provide any links? I own a rx10 and the internal audio is for a dslr remarkably good, not the same quality as on my nex-ea50 but miles better then my gh3 internal mike, when I connect a mike through a xlr box it's also very clean but if there is complete silence I do hear the camera adjusting which creates more background noise, not sure if that is a setting but it's not what you refer to as excessive audio hiss.

Also about lockups, that's new to me too.

Quote:
Hey Noa, don't knock my opinions with mockery, no reason for that, discussing them is fine. You have your opinions just like I have mine.
I was discussing it by saying I didn't agree with that generalizing comment.
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #37
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
Please provide us the source of this important information.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 07:13 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camera Systems Forum at DV Info Net

Here is the appropriate forum to discuss the issues of the Sony RX10. There doesn't seem to be a dedicated group for this camera so petition the moderators of this site to add one. If anyone has something add regarding the use of this camera with the Panasonic GH series let's continue talking here.
Old March 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #39
Regular Crew

RX10 returns/exchanges: Sony Cyber-shot Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

No, I think that there is a QA problem now: Sony Cyber-shot Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series