I'm new to WiFi... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 4th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #1
New Boot

I'm new to WiFi...

Just started thinking about using the WiFi capability of my GH3. All I need to do is allow the director to monitor, maybe on an, Samsung Galaxy Tab, what I'm "seeing" and shooting with the camera. What's the best way to do this with the GH3? THANKS!
Mark Pleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: I'm new to WiFi...

I did a Google search on Lumix Link Help and this is the first search result:
LUMIX LINK for iPhone | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Either Remote Recording for stills or Video gives you a realtime image.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #3
New Boot

That should do it! And I'm guessin' "I" still have control of the camera not just the remote device?
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes but they can mess with you if they want. And if you get the hankering to start recording remotely over WiFi, know that you cannot STOP recording remotely. It records for a preset duration. Stills camera designers at play....Caveat Emptor.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #5
New Boot

That's what I figured. Thanks again!
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Wi Fi with the GH3 doing photos is fine you can see after each picture and do another, video is a different story, once you start recording that's it, you can no longer see what's going on, if you want to stop recording you have to put in how long do you want it to record before you start or just turn it off on the camera later.
Pretty sure what I have read on the new GH4 you can see and control after you start the video.
Bruce Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #7
New Boot

Well bottom line, at this point, I'm not interested in the WiFi "remote control" features of the camera. I just want the client to be able to see, from a tablet, what I'm shooting and sounds like if I start rolling video they won't be able to....and as for this GH4 business...

... STOP IT!! LOL ;-) THANKS!
Mark Pleasant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series