who has problems with disappearing display - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 13th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: who has problems with disappearing display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I rest my case

:)
Amen to that - use shutter to record - watch for a red rec - get shot.....simple vt

Remember the 7D - 12 minutes of recording before it switched off and overheated , no audio, few accessories - now that was tough.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #17
Inner Circle

There are several workarounds, like pressing the shutterbutton once to start recording and be done with it. You don't have to like the camera, plenty others out there to choose from.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 05:39 AM   #18
Inner Circle

@NOA: This thread's title says it's about the "Disappearing Display". It's obvious the OP wanted to stir up a fuss by the way it's worded. Notice the way it's written specifically implies his position that those who think the GH3 should allow the displays to stay ON have "problems". The bias shows from the get go.

All that aside, it's an old topic so the same issues by the same people are going to come up. It's important for newcomers to the topic that they do. It's also drawn out some others that feel the disappearing displays is a negative aspect of the GH3. This is DVinfo (emphasis on "info"). Later readers of this thread benefit that these criticisms are documented in contrast to those that ignore them. They become informed. AFAIK, the GH3/GH4 is the only camera that turns off displays like it does. People who want to know that kind of thing and for whom it matters, have a chance of finding it beforehand. What's also good for them is this thread revealed the GH4 has the same disappearing displays flaw.

You will note, it's my posts (not others) that document conditions under which data is lost as well as mention the shutter button workaround including the side effects using the shutter has. This is good information for DVinfo readers. The personal attacks for doing so aren't.

Last edited by Les Wilson; March 14th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wilson View Post
The personal attacks for doing so aren't.
On that note, I have withdrawn from public view a few posts which were more about noise and less about info. Thanks for understanding,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Above, where it is implied the GH4 also has disappearing information, where is "that" information coming from? Or has it been by now been debunked and no one has clarified that yet? In DV Industry News section Noa has communicated with a beta GH4 producer of a clip and they say it no longer happens.

So we're good….. right?
Ron Fabienke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #21
Inner Circle

It looks like the gh4 does not have that same issue though don't take my word for it, the only lead I have is a user that shot with a pre production model and he claims the info doesn't disappear and that claim can be found back on vimeo. Guess we"ll find out soon enough.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Fabienke View Post
Above, where it is implied the GH4 also has disappearing information, where is "that" information coming from? ....
Anything in my posts that implied that came from other people's posts that have since been deleted.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series