Convert UHD MP4 Footage To UHD .mov at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 21st, 2014, 05:46 AM   #1
Major Player

Convert UHD MP4 Footage To UHD .mov

The GH4 of course provides the option to record UHD in either MP4 or .mov.

The new(er) FZ1000 only records UHD in MP4.

I own a pair of GH4s and want to add a FZ1000.

I prefer .mov to MP4. I use "Mpeg Streamclip" all the time, as well as "Toast Titanium".
Neither of these programs recognises the MP4 UHD files off my GH4s. They are each happy with UHD .mov files.

Can someone please recommend a bit of file conversion software? Some out there is too rudimentary, aimed at iPhone users, and some seems too complicated.

All it needs to be is like Streamclip in reverse, convert MP4 to .mov with no loss of quality.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Convert UHD MP4 Footage To UHD .mov

Well silly old me again. I tried with "MP4" on the GH4 and no problem. Seems the "MP4 LPCM" setting is the problem.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series