More GH4 packages at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Major Player

More GH4 packages

We got a 6 of these left:
GH4 w/ interface unit PLUS Metabones adapter for $ 3297.99!!!
Give Tommy, Ben, or myself a ring for the detailed list.....

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: More GH4 packages

Sorry not about the GH4, but do you guys rent the high speed Phantom camera?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Chuck-
Sorry we don't but they do down the street at Abel Cine.......

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Old October 8th, 2014, 04:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Got 3 left!..."Come on Down".....or come in...or call.....etc

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi Jim,
Just wondering if you have put the gh4 on a Sachtler Ace L tripod with something like the 14-140mm lens?
I am using my gh4 with various lenses, most are heavier, & balance well on my old Miller DS10 system, but with the lighter lenses, it simply isn't doing it for me. I was wondering if the Sachtler Ace L system you referred to in another post on this site would be a better option. Certainly if it operates like my DV10SB head, i would be very happy. Most importantly though, is that it operates properly with the light lenses on the gh4 as well as 4lb super zoom lenses. I thought i read somewhere that the payload range was 1-6kg, but now when i look it up, i find it specced as 0-6kg. If that is correct, i would imagine it should work well with the lighter lenses on the gh4.
Thanks in advance,
Bryce
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #6
Major Player

I really do like the Sachtler L head with the 75/2 carbon legs (no spreader). The head is rated for 13.3 lbs but with Sachtler, they under-rate so it can handle 15lbs. Its basically a FSB6 head for less money. The sticks are re-branded Manfrotto 535s which are really cool because they go as low as a Hi Hat and you don't have to spend the time un-screwing the head from the sticks, screw it on the Hi Hat, get the shot, un-screw it then screw it back on the sticks....saves alot of time. As for handling the lighter weight, I have not noticed any problems and I've not heard from any of our clients that it was an issue.
If you need one, give me a ring!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Old October 9th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Trustee

Thanks Jim,
Could you please confirm that with the counterbalance setting at its lowest & little or no weight at all on the head, that the head will remain in what ever position you put it in?
Thanks,
Bryce

P.S. Do you ship to Canada?
Old October 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Major Player

Sorry for the extremely late response......if you turn the counter balance to 0 and put the head level or lets say 12 o'clock, because of the handle, the head will slowly drift back towards you. If you tilt the head forward, call it 10 o'clock, it will hold. There are 10 steps in the counter balance so you should be able to find a sweet spot that works for you.....oh, and this was with nothing on the head and the tilt drag set to 1

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series