GH4 timelapse is just stills? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Major Player

GH4 timelapse is just stills?

Hi folks. This may be a question that is goes back to the GH3, but while I had the GH1 and Gh2 series, I skipped over 3 and went to the GH4. Shot a few timelapses yesterday and when I got back to review them I have the original images, but no compiled movie clip, and I don't see an option to compile a movie clip (though I've seen some screenshots of this option while trying to research the solution). I've gone back in and looked at the timelapse in the playback menu, but don't see any options there to output a movie clip either. Am I missing something basic here?

I realize I can make a timelapse still with all the images, but trying to avoid doing extra work that's not necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
GH4 timelapse is just stills?-photo-1-3-.jpg  
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: GH4 timelapse is just stills?

Go into the menu. The bottom menu tab will be the playback one, there on page 2 is the time lapse video. From that page you should be able to put the movie together from the image sequences you have.
Bryce
Old October 10th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Trustee

At the end of timelaspe shots, within a couple of seconds a menu pops up and asks if you want to create a timelapse movie and what format you want that in. For me, I create a UHD movie. It takes a couple of mins but then you can play if back in camera, and still have all your stills if you want to process them later yourself.

If you're too quick on the draw after the final shot is taken you may never see this option popup.
Old October 12th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #4
Major Player

HI Bryce, unfortunately there isn't a menu option present that I see to compile clips anywhere. Tested with the GH3 and it is there. Is this a GH4 only issue Dave? I prob missed my chance once done, and now can't go back and do it in camera?
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Trustee

Hi Josh,
I don't have the camera in front of me right now, but from memory, i had the camera in movie mode. Enter the menu & go to the (i think) bottom tab which is the playback menu. On the second page there should be a time lapse page, enter that, & that should be where you can navigate to your clip sequence to make a time lapse movie.
Regards,
Bryce
Old October 12th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Major Player

If it's the same as the menus on the G6, you go to the Menu>Playback>Time Lapse Video
If will find the sequenced shots, and give you the option to make your timelapse.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Major Player

I saw some screenshots of that option and it seems straight forward. However I don't see it as an option.
Attached Thumbnails
GH4 timelapse is just stills?-photo-1-3-.jpg   GH4 timelapse is just stills?-photo-2-4-.jpg  

Old October 15th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #8
Major Player

photo of greyed out "Timelapse Video" option in the playback section.
Attached Thumbnails
GH4 timelapse is just stills?-photo-2-.jpg  
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Inner Circle

If an option is greyed out in the menu, doesn't that usually mean the button on top of the camera where you select the "m", "s", a"" modes and so on is in the wrong position? I never used the timelaps function but should the button on top not be set to "m"?
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series