Editing GH4 Footage on Premiere Pro CC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 11th, 2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Editing GH4 Footage on Premiere Pro CC

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this or should i be on NLE

Currently i use a Windows machine to edit my GH4 footage.

On my HD Dell monitor the Raw footage appears nice without any aritifacts, however if i put it to editing in Premiere pro there appears to be some artifacts like waves or a lossy footage.
80% of footage is 4K downscaled to 1080 P

My doubt is that i am not setting up Premiere Pro rightly .

Is it possible.

i have attached my sequence settings to this.

Need help

vishal
Vishal Jadhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Editing GH4 Footage on Premiere Pro CC

make sure you are viewing the timeline at full resolution, Premiere has options to view footage at Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 of the file size the options can be set from a drop down list on the preview window.
Old March 12th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Editing GH4 Footage on Premiere Pro CC

Vincent,

I am viewing all at full resolution as i usually do.

One bad thing i find is if i play the video out of cam on my monitor it has no issues in playing and looks flawless, however if same is imported into CC and exported out to HD it has loss in quality no matter what quality i render it out, hence my thought is that i am screwing up the import process or setting up my CC in a bad way.

I am pretty happy with the colours that GH4 gives and i need only to assemble the videos to edit them, however i find it very strange that this quality loss is seen, even with a 4K video down scaled into HD this is a issue, which technically should not happen.
Getting just too confused .

vishal
Vishal Jadhav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series