Lenses and headshots - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old May 13th, 2015, 10:44 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Lenses and headshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
Cheap headshots shot on cheap digital Rebels with cheap kit lenses, shot by their boyfriend or uncle are the bane
You're mostly right but I will take a bit of exception with the above statement.

It is mostly the visual sense and skill level of the person behind the viewfinder that matters, a cheap digital Rebel with cheap kit lens can work very well in the hands of one who knows what he is doing. I used to operate a portrait, wedding, and commercial studio shooting mostly with Hasselblad, Mamiya RB67, and Camerz long roll production cameras. The digital age swept in while I was a civilian staffer at an air force training base, when I retired we were working with 1.5MP Kodak adaptations of Nikon cameras (I think the air force was paying about $40,000 each).

I got away from photography for about 4 years but got drawn back in, the most affordable "real" digital camera then was the first digital Rebel at $999.99 at Walmart, I managed to get one.

I'm looking at a display print on my wall right now shot with it in 2004, a 16x20 of Whitehorse, an Indian re-enactor, shot with the 55mm end of that "cheap" kit lens in soft daylight in open shade cast by a teepee. Definition matches what I used to get from 6x7cm negatives shot with the RB67 outdoors and printed by a pro lab. I had it printed by MPIX and hang it when I'm invited to display.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series