GH4 and VLog-L tested by Camera Store at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Trustee

GH4 and VLog-L tested by Camera Store

Its called VLog-L.
They also tested Anamorphic, but say VLog-L will not be part of the upcoming firmware release.
They say its better in skintones and highlight roll off handling.

Old April 20th, 2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: GH4 and VLog-L tested by Camera Store

Looking forward to the release of Vlog L. Gaining an addtional 2 stops of latitude is welcome.

CHeck out this video with early Vlog and anamorphic fov.

Old April 22nd, 2015, 06:26 PM   #3
Major Player

What lenses did you guys use? And can you tell us more about your workflow?

Thanks
Old April 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey Brian,

Right now I am a one man band, (A dept. of 5 was reduced to just me.) That sucks, however I can for the most part dictate my own workflow based on the project and keep options open for my NASA customers to use footage in a flexible manner. With that in mind, I convert to ProRes 4:2:2 and Prores HQ from source footage from Panasonic AF 100, Sony AX 1 4k, and of course the GH4 with Shogun monitor recorder in ProRes HQ. I am pretty much NLE agnostic now except I have been posting more in FCPX since their media management has gotten better. Lots of plug ins help me build templates easier since I don't have a motion graphics person anymore. But still edit in Avid on long form projects. I also now shoot 70% in 3840x2160p, 23.98 fps.

On the lense side I have a mix of cheap lenses mostly Panasonic Lumix, (20mm, 14-140, and 15mm f2.5), a Canon EF 50mm 1.8, an 85mm 1,8 and a Rokinon 35mm 1.4. I have rented a Zeiss CP2 in the past.

But I am most excited about V-log L for the GH4 and only recently have been using LUTs with the Shogun.

(read Adam Wilts article on home page) I downloaded a Vlog to Rec 709 lut from the Pansonic varicam site it improved the overall look of CineD flat footage a lot. I would give a link but it just goes to the Main Varicam Page/ VariCam 35 | VariCam | Panasonic

You can get the Vlog to Vlog 709 LUT in the downloads section.

Overll, budgets are tight, so just trying to push as much quality out of cheap cameras as much as possible.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series