GH4 problem with motion blur and stuttering vision at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 1st, 2015, 05:26 PM   #1
Tourist

GH4 problem with motion blur and stuttering vision

Hi folks,

I need some advice.

I recently shot a courtroom on my GH4. I needed a long roll (90 minutes plus) so I used the Panasonic 64gb card and set the camera to:

FHD 50 MBS

1920 x 1080 - 25p

Shutter speed 1/50

This is the problem. At the start, using mostly available light, everything looks fine. When people move in the frame it looks normal. But then we turned on 2 x 1k lights and things got weird. The vision becomes quite stuttering and people blur when they walk through frame.

Heres the vision :

I'm a bit baffled. My initial thought is that 50 mbps may have been too low a rate to allow the camera to write all the info, but I have no scientific basis for believing that. Otherwise, I'm at a loss to know what I did wrong to get that result.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Craig
Craig Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: GH4 problem with motion blur and stuttering vision

Are the two different clips in the same file? I almost looks like it's shooting 15 frames per second at a really slow shutter in the second part. I've never seen anything like that with LED panels and my GH4 at 1080-60p or 4K UHD 30p.

Cheers,
Pete
Pete Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2015, 08:37 PM   #3
Inner Circle

It looks like you accidentally adjusted the shutter when trying to adjust the iris to compensate for the new lighting.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:59 AM   #4
Inner Circle

If you look in the motion picture menu, what setting is the exposure mode set to?
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series