Lumix 42.5 lens connector issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 12th, 2016, 02:05 AM   #1
Major Player

Lumix 42.5 lens connector issues

On a shoot the other day I was regularly unable to adjust aperture or focus on the Lumix 42.5 f1.7 lens coupled with the Panasonic GH4. Removing and reconnecting the lens and turning the camera on and off would ultimately work- but often it would take several tries to get it functioning again.

I have never had such problems with any of my other (Panasonic) lenses and this one is new. Is there something I can do/has anyone ever experienced this? Clean the connectors with some fluid?

I still have warranty and could send it in but I could lose the lens for 3-4 weeks and I most likely need it before that...

Last edited by Jeroen Wolf; September 12th, 2016 at 03:09 AM.
Jeroen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 07:40 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Lumix 42.5 lens connector issues

This looks like a lens malfunction, I would just send it back now, if you don't you might be able to use it the following weeks but it's of no use if i doesn't work at a shoot.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Noa, just got word from tech repair that I can try cleaning the connectors with alcohol. I haven't even tried that yet but every time I switch on the camera, the lens now seems to work fine. I will clean the connectors and give it a shot and bring the 12-35 with me as backup.
The job I need the lens for is static portraits, so no run 'n gun and chances of missing the moment...
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

At the back of the contact unit there is ribbon, flex cable - sometimes poorly soldered.
Waldi Krasowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series