GH-5 Autofocus in 4K Live cropping. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old November 18th, 2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Major Player

GH-5 Autofocus in 4K Live cropping.

Since I bought my GH5 I have only shot video using manual focus. I want to try using autofocus and have bought a Leica D6 Vario-Elmar 100-400 to do it. I know about the V2.3 firmware, but haven't installed it .

In reading the manual I see that (page 94) when shooting in 4K live cropping, the only autofocus mode you can use is facial recognition. I shoot a lot of video in 4K live cropping, but only wildlife, never people. Is the camera really not going to let me use other types of autofocus? Sounds pretty ridiculous.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some experience with this.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series