Slow / fast motion on HVX202 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Slow / fast motion on HVX202

I filmed a scene at "normal" speed. I then redo it in "slow" motion. Then followed through by another one at "fast" motion.

When I reviewed the "slow" and "fast" scenes captured by the camera, I noticed the colours shift - and is also darker, compared with the "normal" speed scenes.

I merely altered the "frames per second" setting. Everything else being the same. Have anybody seen this - and why is this happening?
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

The exposure will change if you have your shutter speed set to the syncro scan. It's supposed to do that, to keep the motion blur accurate to a film simulation.

Or, if you go to 60fps, it'll get darker too.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you. I thought the camera was defective. Didn't know it was a "feature" :-).
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

It's not a "feature", it's an actual feature. By varying the exposure it behaves the same way a film camera's shutter would. That way your motion blur will be proper for whatever frame rate you're using.

It only works that way when in FILM CAM mode, and only when you've selected the Syncro Scan shutter speed. If you're in VIDEO CAM mode, or using any other shutter speed, the exposure will be consistent regardless of your frame rate. But when using the specific combination of FILM CAM and Syncro Scan, that's when you can get the film-camera shutter emulation mode.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders