MONITOR HD for HPX500 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
I didn't know that Hong Kong is also using HVX200. I would have thought it should be HVX202 (PAL version) - yes?
No, Hong-Kong is using the HVX200MC (I believe it goes for Mainland China)

But call it 202, 200, 200p, 200mc, they are all the same camera, but different in regions or color system. CCD's, body and lens are the same.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy View Post
I just compared the new Nebtek to both Panny monitors and I was very impressed by the Nebtek, truly suprised. I mainly compared to the btlh80W and only looked at its more expensive brother briefly. Long and the short of it was I thought the Nebtek looked significantly sharper and punchier than either Panny certainly the cheaper one. Might have handled movement better as well.

It didn't really need much peaking to judge focus if any at all. The picture just looked very good and outdoors in sunlight it left the panny in the dust. Even generic composite video-in was sharp and clean. I don't know if color and contrast was as true as the panny - it looked a little colder (bluer) but not to any degree that would be a problem. On quick glance it was more contrasty hence punchy but that seemed adjustable and helped give it snap. I doubt whether the contrast was actually losing information, I didn't have time to check. I'll compare to my 17" later.
Side to side it had much better off axis visibility than the Panny . Up & down it was about the same.
Features - didn't have the waveform which I miss but it ran on Panny batts, had loop through, flip and was lighter. Doesn't have the Panny ability to interface as a camera viewfinder of course with all that information on an HDX900 or varicam of course.

To be fair, I didn't have time to set them both up and just looked at them as they came form the rental house. I doubt whether that would have made a big difference though. I only looked at 720 and didn't check out the pixel to pixel business - (in fact I don't even know what it is.)

Incidently I hated the red assist function on the panny though I've never worked with it, but I would hate to have it on when walking around hand-held. Maybe if I spent more time with it I would see its merits, I only looked at it for a second.
The Nebtek seemed sharp enough for focusing with additional peaking available and a zoom function. Don't know really how they would compare though in practical work.

- Lenny Levy
Does the Nebtek has built in waveform? Its hard for us in HK/Macau to access that monitor...
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #18
Trustee

No waveform. Wish it did then it wold be a no brainer.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #19
Major Player

I believe NEBTEK monitors are available only in the US. In Singapore, nobody seems to carry the NEBTEK monitors. I did purchase the Panasonic LH80 - no regrets. It makes manual focusing on the HVX202 a "peanuts" - no guesswork whatsoever. The only problem is the monitor + AB battery is heavy - and I don't want to risk problems mounting it on the HVX202 handle itself. So - I bring along a very light tripod to attach the monitor only.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #20
Trustee

As far as i know you need to go to Nebtek directly even in the US.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #21
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Incidently I hated the red assist function on the panny
Really? I think that's a fantastic function and extraordinarily useful. Especially when combined with the pixel-for-pixel.

Not for walking around, so much, but for setting accurate critical focus. Although, that's really the only focus assist option the JVC HD100 series has and they seem to get along just fine with it.

No waveform on the Nebtek? That makes my decision easy then, I'm ordering the Panasonic. Thanks for looking into 'em!
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #22
Trustee

Barry. I think I will give the Panny red thing another try as I only looked very quickly at it. Today I put the Nebtel up on a shoot with the Panny 17" and the older 8.4". I was a bit worried about the bluish image on the nebtek this time, so I need to look again at them. Also I felt the advantage of that waveform in the field - Damn, its complicated again.

- Lenny
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #23
Major Player

I found the marching red (IN FOCUS) indicator in the LH80 really, really very good. I can't see how people can hate it - especially when using it with HVX202. The LCD (viewfinder and swing out) on the camera is simply not sharp enough to tell if the critical focus is achieved. Only when I plugged in the LH80 and turned on the "focus in red" function - like what I said previously - ZERO guesswork. It is simply magic ... if you haven't tried it before, you never know what you are missing. Granted it does not work that well on moving objects - but, it allows you to accurately determine where the lens is focusing upon by observing the surrounding areas which are not moving.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders