35mm Lens Adaptors for HVX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #1
New Boot

35mm Lens Adaptors for HVX

I am interested in getting a 35mm Lens Adaptor for my HVX. I have noticed that there are many out on the market. I thought that I was pretty much sold on the redrocks version but now I am puzzled again. I just was reading about the Letus which flips the image. I also do have a crazy draw to the Mini 35 because it is a german design (and i do love the german technology) the think the only thing that is holding me back is the price of that one. I would love to hear some feedback from people who have some experience with these adaptors. Most of them do the same thing so which one should I choose? I want the one that kills the least amount of light. Please help.
Kevin Schaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Trustee

The Brevis would be your option. It has switchable focusing screens that allow you to customize the amount of light you're willing to lose in return for a more film-like image. While the Mini35 is a great german-designed product, the Brevis is a tank as well. At the very least, consider the SGpro over the M2. The redrock design is outdated and overpriced compared to what's already out there.

The letus does flip the image but at the cost of more light loss.

Should you eventually decide that you wish to flip the image with a mirror system, the makers of the Brevis (cinevate) are preparing to release a modular addition that can be attached and removed as desired.

I've owned two versions of the Letus, made three of my own, and now I own the Brevis and I couldn't be happier with it.

My runner-up choice would be the SGpro but the wait time is long, and it does not offer switchable diffusion material.

My recommendation to you is the Brevis with CF1L diffusion screen.
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

The Letus rocks the house, it's a fantastic adapter with a build quality that matches the mini35 and image clarity that spanks the mini35. Spanks it. Plus it's right-side-up, has extraordinarily light transmission qualities (I've verified it loses 0.5 stops even though it's right-side-up) and has perfect edge-to-edge sharpness and even edge-to-edge illumination, something I've never seen other adapters even approach.

You'll get many opinions on many different adapters, I'm sure, but the Letus Extreme is in a class above and beyond the others in my opinion, when you factor in that it's right-side-up, has extremely good light performance, is razor sharp, has excellent build quality, and costs about as same as the other upside-down adapters.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green View Post
The Letus rocks the house, it's a fantastic adapter with a build quality that matches the mini35 and image clarity that spanks the mini35. Spanks it. Plus it's right-side-up, has extraordinarily light transmission qualities (I've verified it loses 0.5 stops even though it's right-side-up) and has perfect edge-to-edge sharpness and even edge-to-edge illumination, something I've never seen other adapters even approach.

You'll get many opinions on many different adapters, I'm sure, but the Letus Extreme is in a class above and beyond the others in my opinion, when you factor in that it's right-side-up, has extremely good light performance, is razor sharp, has excellent build quality, and costs about as same as the other upside-down adapters.
I, along with Barry, and largely because of Barry's enthusiasm about it, bought the Letus Extreme. It is a great piece of equipment. I almost bought the Brevis, which I also think is an excellent piece of gear but at the time I was ready to order, Cinevate had not yet announced the Brevis flip module so the Letus was "it" as far as being a right-side up adapter that was affordable.

I am very happy with the Letus so far. The SGPro also has a lot of fans but does not yet have a flip module available.

Best,

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #5
New Boot

thanks so much for the info
Kevin Schaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #6
Trustee

All have pros and cons in my experience:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=116755
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders