Log and Transfer issue with HVX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Log and Transfer issue with HVX

I looked all over this forum and I'm not sure if this has been discussed. I am transferring some footage from my 8gig P2 card. It transfers eveything fine(I get a full blue circle next to the file) until I get to some timelapse(interval) stuff I shot as well as other footage that comes after it (recorded at 30fps and 24 fps). It gives me a half circle by the imported footage. The timelpase stuff plays back fine, but everything else that was shot at other frame rates plays back strobelike, or stuttering. I checked it out on the camera to see if it was corrupt or needed to be repaired and everything(even playback) is fine. So the issues lie somewhere in the transfer. I tried removing the pulldown, that only made matters worse. I tried changing the default codecs, same problem. So I threw away my project and then just tried to transfer the files individually. Same issue as before(strobelike or stuttering). I then checked out the clip properties and saw that the clips were set to 720p 59.94. I'm not sure why it did that. The only thing I can think of is that the camera defaulted to that after I switched back from the interval setting. So now my question is this. How can I (if at all) get the transfer to accept my footage (the stuff that comes after the timelapse) and have it not play back stuttering?
Mike Quick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders