What work are you using your HVX200 for? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 16th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Major Player

What work are you using your HVX200 for?

What kind of work are you using your HVX200 for? Have you specifically used the HVX200 to "sell" your services (4:2:2, "uncompressed" HD, no long GOP, true progressive, etc)?

How are you delivering your final product?
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmunds View Post
What kind of work are you using your HVX200 for? Have you specifically used the HVX200 to "sell" your services (4:2:2, "uncompressed" HD, no long GOP, true progressive, etc)?

How are you delivering your final product?
What are you referring to with the term "uncompressed" HD? At 100 Mbps DVCPRO HD is quite compressed.
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hill View Post
What are you referring to with the term "uncompressed" HD? At 100 Mbps DVCPRO HD is quite compressed.
I shouldn't have used that term. I'm comparing it to HDV, which is far more compressed than DVCProHD.
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #4
Major Player

To answer your original question, I used the HVX200 as a freelance producer for a good year doing music videos, TV spots and dance & theatre videography. Ironically, much of my paying work with that camera was standard def DV.

The majority of my clients won't know what 4:2:2 is and don't really care- they are just interested in the quality of the work. That has done more selling for me than talking about the features of a camera. It might be different for others but that has been my experience.
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm using it for long format performances in SD. Videography is a side business for me. I bought 2 HVX200's because of the beautiful pictures it is capable of taking and because I want to be ready with HD when my clients start to ask for it. Quality and forward compatibility. My the time I'm ready to shot HD P2 cards will be functional and affordable for long format. I hope.
Martin Iverson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders