Hpx171e : How to know if lens wobble is fixed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
Try AMAZON.COM will be better for you. eBAY - sometimes, the quality of stuff is suspect.
I will try Amazon, sure it's better than ebay, thanks :-)
Carlo Sigismondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #17
Regular Crew

This morning, the dealer has phoned me (!!!) tell me that they have re-analyzed the case, they were sorry for yesterday (even more incredible), my case is so bizarre and they were so shocked and hard to believing what's happened. They told me that something of very strange it's happened - maybe Panasonic has made some hard control on my camera serial number resulting in a test-camera - so they change my camera ASAP! For a new one that it's guaranteed by Panasonic in person, the procedure will invest Panasonic europe together with the dealer...I still can't believe it! As I've explained them I must shoot some footage saturday, so monday or tuesday I must contact them and send the camera throughout a Panasonic courier service. Hope the things will be already solved for the next week. I keep you informed in order that my case could help someone that got the same problem...
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Carlo,

Let's hope we see a "fairy tale" ending for your HPX170 camera .... "And they live happily, ever after" :-). At least your dealer is now showing the right responsibility they should have shown from day 1. I am glad they finally woken up to your problem. Good.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
At least your dealer is now showing the right responsibility they should have shown from day 1. I am glad they finally woken up to your problem. Good.
This morning I will contact the courier that shoud come here to take my camera, just hope evr'ything is ok, unfortunately I need the camera soon because last saturday I can't shoot anything for problems, and I need the camera to make some interview for my documentary.
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #20
Major Player

If you need a HPX170 for the time your camera is away - why don't you ask your camera company to lend you for the time being or rent one yourself for the time you need it? Then at least - you don't need to be so desperate to wait for your camera to come back from that company.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #21
Regular Crew

UPS service of the original dealer will take the camera tomorrow, they've told me they want resolve my problem, but they are doing an *extraordinary thing* in terms of law (infamous 15 days passed away), so considering the difficulties I've met, I don't want to press them. They just will send a new camera (they told me at the phone that after received it I must register again with the new code) that is tested by Panasonic itself (probably 00001h). Alternativies would be personally send to Panasonic by their service, but I'm pretty sure that 000015h (after my first shot 000028h) stuff is a top-secret thing - probably Panasonic knows the history of my camera based on model number, maybe it was a guinea-pig one that was erroneously sent to the market, for the lack of units and higly demand in Europe, so I suppose they preferred resolve with the original dealer. I forget to mention that they want only the camera, I have the two P2 cards here. In other countries probably this story will be more transparent so I just hope they don't cheat me again...because I'm tired of this game...
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #22
Major Player

Well, Carlo, all the best then. I wish you luck.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders