King Black Acid: Let's Burn (music video shot with HVX200) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Tourist

King Black Acid: Let's Burn (music video shot with HVX200)

Hello there,

Here is a music video that we did for King Black Acid. The song is Let's Burn and it's on the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans soundtrack. I shot it with the HVX200 in 720p 24pn (love the camera). We actually shot it in Daniel John Riddle's (KBA) garage in Portland, OR. For the white set we used white gaff tape and put a bunch of white sheets together and stapled it to the ceiling. We back lit the sheets with 4 lights (4 x 450 watts) and tried to get a 100% zebra for as much of the sheets we could (I pulled the rest out with Magic Bullet Looks in Final Cut). For the black set we used a 20x20 & 12x12 duvetyne but put it up with C-stands covered in black cloth so we didn't ruin the duvetyne. I edited it entirely in Final Cut on a quad-core Mac Pro. All of the lens flares where done practically on set. And Like I mentioned above, I used Magic Bullet Looks for the color correction, love it! I don’t know Color well enough to have used it in such a quick turnaround. We shot it on 4 partial days and then I edited it in 4 days to make our release date by February 25th. On Saturday the 21st alone I edited for no less than 16 hours. It was tiring but I’m happy with the final product.

There are a few versions below... Crappy YouTube & MySpace but we are still trying to get our watch count up on those. Then there is a really nice Flash version we have on Vimeo in HD and then a great version on our website in QuickTime as well. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Questions are completely welcome. Thanks!

YouTube: YouTube - King Black Acid - Let's Burn
&
MySpace: King Black Acid - "Lets Burn" from UNDERWORLD: ROTL Soundtrack Video by Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans Soundtrack - MySpace Video

Vimeo HD Flash: King Black Acid - Let's Burn :: HD on Vimeo

Or a QuickTime version on our Revolver DMS website: Revolver DMS

Any feedback on YouTube or MySpace is so hugely appreciated.

Thanks so much for taking a look!
~Jeremiah L Scott
Jeremiah L. Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Nice job. Your editing from what I can tell was spot on with the sync.

I liked how you had the two different sets. How many times did you shoot them singing?

You had a lot of good angles as well. Did you use the multicam feature in FCP to do the edit?

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Weber View Post
Nice job. Your editing from what I can tell was spot on with the sync.

I liked how you had the two different sets. How many times did you shoot them singing?

You had a lot of good angles as well. Did you use the multicam feature in FCP to do the edit?

Daniel Weber
Hey Daniel, Thanks so much for taking a look and the feedback!

Yes, many many hours picking the shots that I wanted to represent each hit in the song.

How many times did we shoot the song? For the black set we shot the song through 5 times normal speed and 2 times overcranked for the few slomotion shots we used. For the white set we shot considerably more... about 15 times normal speed, 4 times overcrank and only 1 time for undercrank. We shot Daniel Riddle (singer/King Black Acid) individually as well. Black about 4 times and white about 5 times. I haven't counted exactly but that is pretty close.

Didn't use the multicam option in Final Cut. I've never played with it but I'll have to look into it now. I just brought about 8 takes down on my timeline at a time, synced them and started pulling all the stuff that I really liked. Then I tweaked the shots here and there for the most part. Believe it or not, besides the handheld stuff, I shot the entire thing on a pistol grip by Manfrotto 322RC2 meant for still photography (I do a lot of photography and didn't have a proper video tripod but this worked perfectly for the angles I wanted). In order to move the head I had to squeeze the handle. It worked for some wonderful shots but my hand was killing me after too long. It was worth it. :)

Thanks again for the questions. Take care! ~Jeremiah
Jeremiah L. Scott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders