Flash Band Compensation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Flash Band Compensation

I have been looking at getting the HPX300 but the mos sensor was putting me off. I got a pdf from my Panasonic dealer saying that there is a firmware update coming soon called Flash Band Compensation. Basically it takes two frames of video with the flash band and turn it into one frame with Flash in it. Has anyone heard of this or used it? I wish I knew how to upload the PDF to show you guys the article.
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Panasonic Broadcast

Flashband Compensation addresses the fact that you cannot control flash camera artifacts that happen to the video when using a MOS based camera. This is because of the rolling shutter. The FBC does a fairly resonable job is resolving the issue by joining the 2 frames that have the Flashband and making it look like a CCD took the shot. It is not perfect but vastly better than no compensation, and I am only looking at prototype footage.

The FBC will be available as a download this summer to upgrade the HPX300s that are already out there and will ship in the cameras once available.

Hope this helps,

Jan
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Jan,

Do you know if there is anything to prevent the "tiliting" of objects that are straight up and down during a pan due to the CMOS sensor?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders