P2 Media Cards vs FIRESTORE 3 hour Value price test. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 10th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Man, this NAB show cannot come sooner enough.

Forget the whole storage thing. My main beef with the Z1 is the low light capabilities. Apart from that and some minor faults it is a fantastic camera, really guys. Forget the stats, I've seen the pictures (not of perfectly controlled situations that couldn't look anything less than beautiful, but of high streets etc) and it looks absolutely wonderful.

There is not a decent 16:9 SD camera out there apart from the XL2 which is quite frankly overpriced.

The Z1, with HD 1080i, widescreen, and Sony's knack for getting millions of companies to provide great accesories, is a damn good proposition. As Shannon has pointed out, getting HD on a DV tape is pretty damn cool. Seriously cost effective.

The low light though is whack, and whilst the gain does its job, upon close inspection it is quite noticeable. I'm pretty sure the XL2 is less sensitive than the XL1.

If the HVX uses a similar type of sensor, then I can imagine in progressive modes it will lose LOADS of light. This is the clincher for me. If Panasonic can somehow overcome these things, then I will be impressed.

But like you all they have really got me curious. One picture, and a paragraph of specifications has basically caused thousands of words of conjecture.
Chris Jothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #47
Major Player

Wow, there's a lot of buyer's remorse in this thread here...

The HVX200 doesn't take away any options. It won't make HDV go away. It won't make MiniDV go away. Which is why the Z1/FX1/JVC ProHD/XL2/DVX exist. They're all there. They all work. If you want them, use them. Nobody's forcing you otherwise.
Jaime Valles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #48
Obstreperous Rex

Ahhh... Jaime, that was a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for bringing things into their proper perspective!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders