Attention: Jan Crittenden at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Attention: Jan Crittenden

Hello Jan!

I wanted let you know that I really think that the HVX200 is an excellent camera with what info has been released so far. Though I have been very outspoken on this subject, it's driven by concern about technology and not to attack or impede forward developments. Like you and everyone else, I want the HVX200 to be 110% of what it can be. I wish I could have been at NAB. I would have been a little disappointed though. I did believe as others did too that there was going to be a working model or at-least footage from a prototype. This was an assumption ( a reason why assuming is not good thing to do ) on my part based on your open enthusiasm for the camera online. Of-course, I can see from the view of Panasonic. If there was as much as a glitch in material or a unit flaw at the show. It would have become the only thing focused on and not how good this camera really is and will be.

I think the HVX200 design is excellent. It's a maturing design from the DVX100, and has a much more classy softer look. The HVX200 is very streamlined looking, and takes on a nice looking composite design as well. As I posted on the board, if it was a shoe box with a lens, it wouldn't matter to me, but I think Panasonic has a winning design here.

The one thing I didn't expect was a DV tape drive. I didn't want that on the camera since I have been an advocate for tape to fade away for many years now. I also know that this must be the transitional camera into a total tapeless future in camera designs in this product line.

Jan, I am glad that you are a very active representative of Panasonic Professional on all the boards. This is a very encouraging and powerful statement on behalf of Panasonic. This is an action you would only expect from much smaller companies and not one as large as Panasonic.

Anyway Jan, I just wanted to let you know that I like everything that has been laid on the table at NAB in regards to the HVX200. I look forward to when it's officially released. Your busy now, wait tell the month before and up to the day it actually gets a hands on display at a show and then released. Those will be some busy days for all of you in your department.

Sincerely

Michael Pappas
PappasArts Entertainment
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Attention: Jan Crittenden

Jan Crittenden,
If you get a chance, please also read this article. I'm curious about your opinion too.

http://www.pbase.com/aghvx200/pappasarts_entertainment_

Michael Pappas
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders