HPX-500 transfer glitch at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Major Player

HPX-500 transfer glitch

I am finding my video 32 frames ahead of my audio.
After some troubleshooting I think it is with the camera.

Workflow: transfer from camera to desktop with FCP6 to an external drive.

have transferred using both "Log and Transfer" and P2 Log Pro.
have transferred to each program out of cam using both Firewire and USB 2.0

Same results have me thinking camera. Has anyone had this or a similar problem with their cam?
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Gary,
Not sure what is going on but you should try copying the original P2 cards to your Harddrive first and then import from Log and Capture from the external drive instead of coming right off the cards with Log and Capture. When you play a clip in Log and Capture or P2 Pro Log is the sound out of sync. 32 frames is too large a delay for the camera to create internally but is possible for the computer to playback incorrectly. When you put the clip on a timeline can read the timecode number of the audio separately from the Video and see if the number is the same or is it displaced on the clip or timeline somehow. Good luck
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Major Player

Daniel,
thx for the reply. With your advice about my assumption, I started thinking about my video card. So I went to AJA and found I was a version behind in my updates. This has fixed my problem so far. Maybe I got lucky and this is the "real" fix. Not very confident though as the old version has been working fine for a year and a half. So hard keeping track of all this hardware and software.
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Chavez View Post
I am finding my video 32 frames ahead of my audio.
After some troubleshooting I think it is with the camera.
Easy way to prove that, is just play the clips back in-camera. If they work fine in-camera (which I guarantee you they will) then you know the problem has nothing whatsoever to do with the camera, and is instead related to your editor.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Trustee

Barry,
Is correct about testing the sync at the camera first. I thought of the same thing after I finished my other post. I never thought it was the camera anyway. Computer was the most likely problem. Don't know if a fix is ever permanent but glad you found a correction to the issue at least for now.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders