HPX-170 Image Shifting Problem...HELP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 12th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #1
Tourist

HPX-170 Image Shifting Problem...HELP!

Hi everyone.

I was hoping to get some help with a problem that I am having with my HPX-170. I purchased a one year old camera used, with less than 60 hrs on it, and everything looks great and works fine overall, but i'm am getting some weird image shifting when it's attached to my tripod. When I try to quick or slow pan either direction, I get an image shifting. it's like the image you see in my external monitor or the viewfinder is trying to catch up with where the lens was looking. I have an example of the problem i could upload or email, but am not sure how to attach it or upload it to the site.

at first i thought it might be the tripod, so as i panned i would slowly tighten the pan lockdown knob on the tripod to create a smooth stop, but that didn't help. the image shifts back like i'm jerking the tripod, when i am not.

has anyone run across this issue? i can't recreate it when the camera is off the tripod. i'm going to try a different tripod this weekend when i get the camera back from a repair service. i was hoping they could find an issue with the stabilization or something that would be causing this. it's not the "lens wobble" issue, but it is a jerking and drifting image problem when you try to come to a stop while panning.

any thoughts i would greatly appreciate.

thanks
Glenn Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Turn the OIS off when on tripod. If the OIS is already off and you are still getting the jerking, your camera is broken, but I bet you have the OIS on while on tripod.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Trustee

I agree the OIS is most likely the problem.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Tourist

thank you

Daniel & Dan,
thanks guys I really appreciate the input!

glenn
Glenn Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #5
Inner Circle

The Dans around here are fairly brilliant and most helpful.

D
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders