New to P2 Workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New to P2 Workflow

Hi All,
I was gifted with a nice AG-HVX200AP at work recently. I cannot get my Vista (Avid-blessed HP Z800) Workstation or XP Pro laptop to recognize the camera as a playback device/external drive as either a USB device or IEEE 1394 device. (I have P2 Card Mgr on the Vista box and it won't show up there either.) It will see it as a camera, but not a playback/ drive in MCR mode. I tried to install the 64 and 32 bit drivers respectively, but got halted on both machines when being asked to connect the camera which it would not detect. Help? Thanks.
Ed
(Details: I have a marathon shoot in Atlanta where I will not have access to my Avid workstation and need to offload footage onto the XP laptop from the P2's.)
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you installed the P2 Driver?

There are two different drivers, one for 32 bit and one for 64bit.

Also be sure that you have the latest firmware. Are you using E series cards? Then you'll need to update.
Click around the website and you cn get more info:
https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...k/e/update.htm

Panasonic Professional Video Software Downloads
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Major Player

If your XP laptop has a PCMCIA slot (like my Lenovo Thinkpad T60) - you just remove the P2 card from the camera and pop it into the slot.

But, you need to install Panasonic software to recognise the P2 card.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders