Incompatible Card with half a day's footage on it at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Incompatible Card with half a day's footage on it

I shot a whole bunch of footage the other day on a 32GB card in an HVX. At some point my sound person asked to see playback on the last thing we'd shot. I went into VCR mode and pressed play on the last clip, only to have the clip (roughly 15 minutes of interview footage) stop playing back after a few seconds. I tried pressing play again, the onboard screen went black and back to the thumbnails screen instantly. I decided to try turning the camera off and turning it on again, and when I did, the card came back with an Incompatible Card error (first time I have ever encountered this). I have tried the card in a couple of HVXs and a G4 with a cardbus reader and had no luck recovering my footage. This is a huge problem as the shoot was a nightmare to schedule and the client is going to be super pissed if we lost the stuff we appear to have lost. Can anyone help me? I'm desperate.
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

have you tried offloading the mxf folder(s) and converting from that folder?
Justin Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders