Help..HVX200A wont work in P2 mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help..HVX200A wont work in P2 mode

Hello...

I read a couple of post about this but found no solution yet. Hoping someone can give an idea of what to do.

First..when I turn on camera I got the...sistem error P2 micon error...
I took the cards out and now I turn on camera but P2 sign blinks...no access to P2 slot at all, can't get into menu, can't get into MCR mode, camera wont turn off when a press the switch..only if I press reset i can manage to get it off.

camera works fine in tape mode.

I got a HVX200A, with 140 hrs of use.

haven't check it footage on my cards from my previes shot are fine...but i'll take care of that later...now I need to get camara working for a shoot i have on Saturday.

No service possible for me..Im in South America at the moment.

Thanks for your help.
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

92 views and no reply...ummmm...makes me thing I'm either making a stupid question or people don't know the answer.....at least tell me so I know...hehehehehe.

anyways..in my search..I see people with same problem...only solution found was to take to repair shop..but I need to do it mayself cause that's no option for me....there most be some tecki guys around here...

anyways..I opened up my camera 3 times already..that's easy for me...so far all I could do was to unplug and reseat all connections but didn't fix it... if I knew which is the connection responsible for this I could just replace that one..and voala.....

any guide?

thanks
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Major Player

It might not be connector problem - but a faulty component inside the camera. Nothing you can replace yourself.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

That will be bad...I hope not.

thanks for answer
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

found new info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
It might not be connector problem - but a faulty component inside the camera. Nothing you can replace yourself.

I'm still on my quest to fixing my problem. I came across this link were they seem to have solved it (panasonic service) and they say the problem...."Turned out the camera needed the P2 drive replaced". also someone called it..."p2 card reader failed and was replaced".

here is the link: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/in.../t-106391.html

That seems right since i have same problem they had...no P2 or SD card loading. Now, feel like I'm getting closer, still I had a problem trying to identify what is the P2 drive or P2 reader inside the camera. Belive me, if i could I would have taking it to panasonic service but I'm in South america country with no pana service...so. I got myself the service manual and have disamble the camara 3 times reseat it ribbons but problem still there.

Now, thinking ordering this part...if I knew what it is or where it is in my camara will really help...
I had the error Micon message right before this happened .

Any ways...hope this also helps other people going thru the same issue.

Please if you know and can help do so.

Thanks.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Trustee

You might be able to talk to or contact a technician at panasonic to at least see if they agree with you diagnosis
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #7
Major Player

How about doing an IDD call to USA to talk to a Panasonic technician?
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
How about doing an IDD call to USA to talk to a Panasonic technician?

that's a very good idea...I'll call panasonic.

What's an IDD call?

Thanks a lot.
Old July 17th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #9
Major Player

IDD - International Direct Dialing :-).
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders