well this blows... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 25th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Major Player

well this blows...

I just lost all audio on my HPX-500. From yesterday to today. No audion on clips played back in cam, no audio on clips after ingestion, no levels showing on in cam meters.
I've tried all the trouble shooting tricks I can think of and left a message at Panasonic service center in LA.

2 questions:
Has anyone seen this before?
How is Panasonic's warranty service? Is one site more responsive than another.
thx
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Trustee

Gary,
Not sure if any of the service centers are more responsive East vs West Coast. So no matter what input you use you are not seeing any audio on the meter before recording? Or do you see audio going in but it is not recording. All 4 channels? Don't know if you can reseat any boards but it sounds like a component or connector failure inside the camera. Good Luck
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

What recording mode are you using? If you're shooting 720pN mode, and you've changed the frame rate away from "default", the camera won't record audio at all. If you're using "film cam" mode, you *must* have the "frame rate" set to "default" or manually set to 24 (in 720/24pN) or 30 (in 720/30pN) mode. Any variable frame rate footage will never have audio.

If you need audio and variable frame rates at the same time, use 720p mode instead of 720pN.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Trustee

Good point Barry
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Major Player

And Barry is correct. I must have hit the scene file wheel looking for the monitor level wheel.
You guys are great and I'm an idiot.
thx much!
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders