Frame grabs from the P2 files? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Frame grabs from the P2 files?

Does anyone have a simple way to grab picture frames from P2 files?

I do not have any editing for the P2 files (only the Panasonic viewer) so I'd need a software player that will let me pause and save to a bitmap or something similar. Just want to add some pics to my website is all.

Thanks
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM   #2
New Boot

Hi George,
the fastest, simplest and easiest way to do this is within the P2CMS software tool from panasonic, I suppose this is the viewer you're referring to in your post? First select a clip, play it in the viewer, navigate to the right spot and then look for the little blue crosshair on the bottom of the window (see the example i attached) click it and then save it to your disk. Remember that the size of the viewer will actually determine the size of your still. A little desktop 'real estate' wouldn't hurt, especially when you're shooting (and grabbing) Full HD.

Good Luck
John
Attached Thumbnails
Frame grabs from the P2 files?-p2cms-.jpg   Frame grabs from the P2 files?-p2cms-b.jpg  

Frame grabs from the P2 files?-p2cms-c.jpg  
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks John!

I do not have the P2CMS software tool you speak of but I will look for it and give it a try.

George
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #4
New Boot

You're welcome, you can find the software here: https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...e/download.htm

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders