Corrupt P2 card/any chance of recovery? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Tourist

Corrupt P2 card/any chance of recovery?

I know these forums are saturated with corrupt P2 threads, I am posting this as a last resort before we give up.

During the transfer process a card was corrupt and did not transfer over properly. In the contents folder, the only folders that transferred over successfully were VIDEO, and ICON. The card was then formatted...

I downloaded a MXF converter, I can view the files in the VIDEO folder. The files say 1.7g, but only play about 10 seconds of the clip. Even though it says 1.7 gigs, if all the contents of the card were not transfered over its a possibility that there is in fact only 10 sec of the clip remaining correct? Of course, this whole card can not be imported into final cut through log and transfer, i assume because its missing data.

I tried copying the contents of the corrupt card back onto a P2 card, in hopes that i could then open the clips back up on the camera and do a REPAIR CLIP, but the files would not show up on camera.

i appreciate any advice or comments. thank you!

z
Zach Voytas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders