HVX-200 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Major Player

HVX-200 question

Hello all:

Need to monitor the time code out of the composite (phono) jack on a rental HVX-200. Shooting
SD on mini DV tapes.

Output on the screen shows what I see on the camera LCD screen UNTIL I hit record. Then it disappears from the composite output feed. Still remains on the LCD though

How can I get this to remain on the external monitor so the producer can log time code?

Thanks
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: HVX-200 question

Hi George,

I don't usually shoot with a tape or use the composite video out with my HVX, so I loaded a tape and hooked up my monitor via composite and got exactly the same situation you are asking about. As far as I can tell there's no way to get the OSD to output during recording to a tape via the composite video out. I tried it with a P2 card and the OSD output just fine. I couldn't even find anything about it in the manual.

-Jimmy
Jim Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: HVX-200 question

Thanks Jim.

Guess this is another crazy quirk with the HVX-200. Add this to the inability to retain focus when you zoom out.

Glad I only rent and did not get stuck with one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders