Panasonic AG AC 160, test shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 29th, 2011, 03:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic AG AC 160, test shoot

no color correction on a mixed light, the sound recorded in the camera microphone with auto function on.

Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Panasonic AG AC 160, test shoot 2

Old October 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Panasonic AG AC 160, test shoot

Oleg... very nice footage.... what is your overall impression of this camera so far ?

Its on my wish list... but trying to decide if I want to go down the avchd road...

thanks
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Nice footage too!!

We have it listed at $4500 over here but that's an import so we have to add 10% tax as well!!

I am surprised they kept the 6mbps and 8 mbps record modes??? Wonder why ??? Surely with something at this price you wouldn't bother to shoot anything at 6 mbps??? It's pretty much an updated HMC150 from the outside.
It's very sad to see that they kept the miserable 0.45" EVF .... Panny have integrated the LCD into an EVF on the HMC80 and Sony have done the same on the EX3 ....they are truely a joy to use!!! Sadly the tiny EVF on the 160 will be the same as the 150...like looking down a tunnel with a minute picture at the end!!!

For those that don't need SDI and variable frame rates .... when is the 120 arriving????

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Major Player

Dave, I really enjoyed the camera, easy to use, reliable AF, (the third clip coming) good colors, lots of details, with sharpness set to 0.
22x zoom helps, if 1/3 sensor is acceptable, the cam is a way to go. AVCHD, I like it as a matter of fact, after HDV and Canon DSLR's mpeg, I find it much more robust.

Chris, thanks for your input.
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Third clip, testing the cam.
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post
Dave, I really enjoyed the camera, easy to use, reliable AF, (the third clip coming) good colors, lots of details, with sharpness set to 0.
22x zoom helps, if 1/3 sensor is acceptable, the cam is a way to go. AVCHD, I like it as a matter of fact, after HDV and Canon DSLR's mpeg, I find it much more robust.

Chris, thanks for your input.
oleg-

thanks for the various posts.

it is wonderful that good people like yourself make the effort to share footage from an updated/new camera.

i was very disappointed to learn that the 160 does not have any magnified focus assist.

(panasonic if you are reading these threads-that was a BIG mistake!)

i do know there are other focusing tools on the 160.

which focusing tools did you rely upon and perhaps you can share the experience of finding focus on the 160?

thanks in advance.

be well

rob
smalltalk productions
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
I am surprised they kept the 6mbps and 8 mbps record modes??? Wonder why ??? Surely with something at this price you wouldn't bother to shoot anything at 6 mbps???
I disagree - uses might range for shooting directly for web use, (where the small file size is paramount) to such as unattended long term recording. (Think wildlife - leaving a camera running in a fixed location.)

And having these modes is unlikely to add anything to the cost - so surely better to just leave them on?
David Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Major Player

Nice pictures. Looks like a much more expensive camera. I love the rich colours the Panasonic cameras produce.

And no P2 cards to pay for! What's not to like? No magnified focus is a bummer i agree.
Dom Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Major Player

I saw some vignetting on the second video. Approximately at 01:50:00. Did you add that?
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM   #11
Major Player

thanks for the comments, for focus, I let AF do the thing and it was pretty accurate, the camera was focusing pretty quickly to the spots, the face, faces where is is supposed to, I've tried focus assist ring, a bit, it was helpful, I looked at the side viewfinder at all times! Hope this helps.

Really liked the colors too. IMHO, colors reminded me some experience with 422 DVCPRO HD cameras, full and rich.

..possibly vignetting or the shadow from the ladder? I have not added anything to it.. I believe the cam is preproduction, test model in Russia. Try it yourself, Sanjin!

Last edited by Oleg Kalyan; November 1st, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders