Scene files and camera set up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 6th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Scene files and camera set up

Hi all,

I'm newly using a couple of Panny AG-HVX201AE (client's camera, normally use a Sony EX1)

FIRSTLY
Does anyone have a set of 'scene files' already set up to recommend for a range of settings?
Does anyone have a list of settings (knee, gamma etc) to recommend?

I'm more ENG than craft and found a great book for the Sony EX1 (name escapes me and I don't have it to hand) which was more than necessary for the situations I needed, and I wondered if someone had something similar for the HVX201, or would be happy to share their tried and trusted settings.

SECONDLY
Can anyone recommend a safety lens (UV or similar) to fix on permanently to protect the lens? The cameras I've been using have already been through hell and back (literally - this is Afghanistan!) without protection, but I'm nervous that the lens will get scratched.

THIRDLY
Is there much of a difference between the HVX200 and HVX201AE?

LASTLY
I believe there's a wide angle adapter than can be fixed on in place of the lens hood. Any real world use / advice / suggestions for this? Minor requrest as I doubt there's the budget to get it, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer - and if it seems like I'm looking for a shortcut and hoping to leech off your greater experience with this camera... Yep. Guilty as charged!

b
Ben Bruges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Scene files and camera set up

In case anybody is interested, this might be a good place to start:

Professional Digital Camcorder Scene Files from Panasonic

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders