Need Help with Camera Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 24th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Tourist

Need Help with Camera Settings

Hey Guys, we are a hindu temple located in India and we recently bought a few of the Panasonic AJ-PX270 P2 cameras and we are having some difficulty optimizing the settings. We do a daily broadcast every morning, and have been seeing some problems with the quality of the video. Attached below is a sample of the type of shooting done with the camera. Please note the lighting, the background and clothing of the personnel in the frame, as they are the same more or less everyday. Most of the lighting is composed of halogen lights and or tube lighting with occasional sunlight peaking through. We have been previously using the Panasonic AC 160 and loved those results. When we compare it to the new PX-270 we've found that the quality and sharpness on the PX-270 is a bit lower than the AC 160. Is this something that is done post production? or is there a setting for that?. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Any and all help is appreciated here. Thanks again! The video in the link is has 3 cameras The side cameras are the PX270's and the center camera is AC160. The video is a reference for the type of shooting we do. On the PX270 our resolution is 1920 X 1080 at 50p, the codec is AVC-LongG 25. We can't get the PX270 to look as sharp and detailed as the AC160.

Parth Savalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Need Help with Camera Settings

You will need to spend several days connecting the PX270 to a very high quality monitor and tweak the settings to closely get the look to the other cam. Perhaps some white shadings and other advanced adjustments. It will and can never be 100% exact, but close and similar enough so the multicam switching wouldn't be distracting. Just like the 2011 HPX-250, the PX270 has the basic plus extensive color matrix (1st time found on prosumer priced cam for Panasonic) and other image settings. It will never look good out of factory default settings. I had to tweak my HPX-250 and spent weeks to months to get it looking close to the HPX-3000 series. It's close in overall color but can never replace it due to chip size and far superior optics found on 2/3" cam. It's hard to accept that the PX270 is inferior to the AC160.
Sam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Sam for your input , we will try to tweak the settings and try to get it as close as possible.
Parth Savalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Parth, oh my. The quality of that footage looks terrible.

Can you tell me what codec you are using?

I recently bought the 270 and have been playing with it. The quality is incredible, even in fairly low light.

I am shooting with the scene file Cine D, which makes the image very flat in color and contrast, but then I apply a quick saturation and contrast adjustment in post and it looks incredible.

I started by shooting in AVCi 100, but for much of my long-form corporate work I shoot in LongG 25 at 60P. Even the LongG looks far better than what I am seeing in your clip.

Hopefully you have been able to figure out what the issue is.
Matt
Matthew C. Abourezk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders