HVX200 + two 4GB P2 cards for $5,489 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX200 + two 4GB P2 cards for $5,489

Hi. I just received an email from an authorized PANASONIC DEALEAR in Panama, where I live, offering a HVX200 with two 4GB P2 cards for only $5,489. To apply for this offer you have to confirm the order before October 31st, 2005.

I called the guy, I know him, and he answered back to me and confirmed it. He said that he didn't send this before, because it was last night that it was confirmed.

He said I could put a $500 down payment and the rest to be paid when the camera is released and arrive.

The price is F.O.B. Miami, so in my case I can send my sister to pick it up and bring it to me. The cameras are fully guaranteed, and they are authorized service for Panasonic.

Now, believe me, this is not fishy. Panasonic's headquarters for Latin America are here in Panama, and for years this guy have a big billboard with the words "PANASONIC AUTHORIZED SERVICE" and the PANASONIC logo on it.
So, this is not a scam.
What do you think? Should I sell my old car and buy it now? Or is it basically a preview of how much the camera will really cost with both cards when it comes out? - nowhere near the $10,000 mark.

-EDWIN
Old October 28th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

First off, a reminder of our policy regarding where to buy -- in fairness to the authorized dealers who sponsor this site, DV Info Net always urges our readers to buy from our site sponsors (see link in my sig). The only dealers we discuss and promote are our site sponsors.

Second, I would advise against a U.S. customer buying a camcorder from out of the country. Or a European customer or an Australian customer for that matter buying outside of their respective countries. In the long run, this creates more trouble than it's worth.

Third, it's nowhere near the $10K price because it's including a pair of 4GB cards, not the 8GB cards that will be packaged with the $10K version. See http://www.p2info.net/articles/misc/p2cardcaps.php.

Finally, the requirement of a downpayment of $500 sends up a red flag in my book. Why not just buy from our site sponsors... EVS, Zotz, B&H... and avoid that hassle. Somebody who is "trying to save a few bucks" is approaching this kind of purchase the wrong way in my opinion.

Sorry but since this refers to a dealer outside of our site sponsors, I have to close this thread early. Anybody who wants to pursue this deal on their own is welcome to do so via Google or some other site outside of DV Info Net. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old October 28th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry about that!

Hey Chris... I didn't knew that my question could be a hassle for the sponsor of DVINFO.NET. I understand it now, and I apologize for it.
-EDWIN
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders