DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Who is the Panasonic Rep for US and Canada? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/53534-who-panasonic-rep-us-canada.html)

Ronald Lee October 29th, 2005 12:32 PM

Who is the Panasonic Rep for US and Canada?

Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron

Kevin Dooley October 30th, 2005 05:16 AM

I dunno if she's Canada too (I would assume, but you know what that does...) but US is Jan Crittenden Livingston and she's an active member of these forums.

Her info page is here, including a link to email her.

Brian Broz October 30th, 2005 02:34 PM

Try www.dvcpro.ca
Canadian only contact info I believe.
Hope that helps.

Graeme Nattress October 30th, 2005 03:52 PM

Yes, David Craig is Jan's Canadian equivalent, I think. Great bloke - had a good chat to him last week.

Graeme

Evan C. King October 30th, 2005 07:14 PM

If he's so great how come canada never sees any of the great deals the US does? And I don't even think we've technically gotten an official announcement about the HVX in the way that the US gets them, and one day the dvx100b just randomly showed up on the site. If it wasn't for forums like this a lot of people wouldn't really know anything about the HVX.

How come the US seems to get such great personal service and we get left in the dark with little information and usually crazy price markups?

Graeme Nattress October 31st, 2005 05:50 AM

Panasonic Canada is a very different beast to Panasonic USA. As far as I understand, other than that we've got, like about than 1/8 the population, all spread out, Panasonic Canada just does things differently, and that's at the higher levels. Hence David's little dvcpro.ca site, which he maintains to keep Canadian's aware of what Panasonic Canada HQ should be telling us.

Graeme

Evan C. King November 1st, 2005 08:11 PM

Well I'm not the only Canadian to feel left out in the cold and having a smaller population isn't fair reason to give us such subpar customer service.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=37305

There are plenty of people in this thread that feel the same way I do.

Graeme Nattress November 2nd, 2005 07:30 AM

Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme

Graeme Nattress November 2nd, 2005 07:31 AM

Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme

Terry Nixon November 2nd, 2005 10:50 PM

why not call your local panasonic dealer in your area and ask? its usually not a secret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Ng
Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron

Evan C. King November 2nd, 2005 11:12 PM

Yeah Graeme your absolutely right. The markup is on tons of stuff in this country!

Brian Broz November 5th, 2005 07:41 PM

Please keep in mind us dealers in Canada aren't trying to get rich...often we are stuck with dealer costs from manufacturers that are higher than the B+H "retail" price.
I'm not crying the blues, but don't necessairily blame the dealers for high prices. Just thought I'd clarify, as the dealer I work for works hard at providing good service, product knowledge, and competitive pricing...but we simply can't match B&H but hopefully we are close with local dealer support.
Anyways, just thought I'd throw in my 2cents.
Thanks everyone,

Brian Broz

R Geoff Baker November 6th, 2005 04:17 PM

Canadian purchases

I've bought 'cross-border' and I've bought local. My experience: Take the best reputable dealer cross border price you can find, and call your reputable local dealer. Offer to buy at the cross-border price. I've been offered price match in every case. You can't use this as an excuse to beat the taxes -- that 15% (Ontario, anyway) isn't going to the dealer anyway. But you will get the GST back when you file ...

GB

Evan C. King November 7th, 2005 04:00 AM

What dealer have you dealt with that price matched to US prices? I would like to know so I can see if I can use the same one.

R Geoff Baker November 8th, 2005 05:17 AM

In Ottawa I have made matched price purchases from the industrial division of Bleekers, and from Pro AV who I suppose are now TMS.

GB

Graeme Nattress November 21st, 2005 12:37 PM

The Panasonic pro dealers in Ottawa are Cinequip and TMS. Bleeker can get the DVX100, but they're not a pro dealer and won't be getting the HVX200.

If you're in Ottawa, best to email Michael Fawcett, who is the Account Manager for the region. If you need contact details, email me off board as I'd hate him to get loadsa spam from spambots.

Graeme