HVX200info.net? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX200info.net?

I'm just wondering if anybody plans to develop a website that specifically focuses on accessories as well as shooting techniques for the HVX200. It would be incredibly helpful to get suggestions for and perhaps a consensus on the best accessories for this camera. I'm talking about mics, on camera mixers, matte box's, mini monitors, rails, follow focus, 35mm adapters... you name it. It would be nice to include tripods, dollies, support systems, ect. as well.
I know there are tons of threads discussing these things, but I think it would be cool to have a well organized site, maybe a blog, where HVX200 accessories can be ranked by popularity, especially by members here. Reviews would be helpful too. HVX200info.net perhaps? I think I'd even pay for such a site. Maybe somebody is already working on one? I imagine the Tosh site won't delve into accessories too much.
Damon Botsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Tourist

Damon, This might not be what you're after but a friend of mine works at a rental place that's doing a lot with accessories for the HVX200. They have a rent-to-own program they're starting that includes several of the accesories you mentioned. You might want to check out the site www.zacuto.com/hvx200.htm They made a custom baseplate to accommodate the rods to hold the matte box and a noga arm for the monitor and P2 store. It's pretty intense
Patrick Fee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

I started www.p2info.net awhile back for the same purpose -- see the link in the nav bar up above. I didn't want to limit it to just the HVX but all things related to P2. Although I'm currently the only author in there, it's certainly open for anyone who chooses to contribute articles, images or whatever. It's our "official" companion site for this message board. Let me know what you want to see featured in it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks guys,

I'm familiar with the Zacuto site... spent some time drooling there. Really impressive. I especially like the rails designed to hold the Firestore. Sweeeeeet.
... and Chris, I look forward to the evolution of the P2 site. I encourage everybody to contribute as much as they can. Thanks.
Damon Botsford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders