How will HVX perform in-camera downconvert of HD material? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 17th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #1
Major Player

How will HVX perform in-camera downconvert of HD material?

Does anyone know how the HVX will do the in-camera downconversion of HD material to miniDV? I assume the camera will do a real downconversion (ala the Sony cam) and not just take a center "cut" of the screen (as I understand the JVC cam to do). If anyone knows, post away!

Peter

PS I think this has been asked before, so please forgive me, but is it hypothetically possible to shoot variable frame rates in 720P and then downconvert this slow motion material to the miniDV?
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Richardson
Does anyone know how the HVX will do the in-camera downconversion of HD material to miniDV? I assume the camera will do a real downconversion (ala the Sony cam) and not just take a center "cut" of the screen (as I understand the JVC cam to do). If anyone knows, post away!

Peter

PS I think this has been asked before, so please forgive me, but is it hypothetically possible to shoot variable frame rates in 720P and then downconvert this slow motion material to the miniDV?
It will be possible to convert the 720P slow mo footage on a P2 card to minidv and have the camera "dub" that to tape. I don't know the exact details but that is a feature they have been touting for months.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders