Specs on HVX uncompressed out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 14th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #1

Specs on HVX uncompressed out?

Can someone tell me the details/specs about the uncompressed out, like the data rate, bit rate for the 1080p and 720p and slow-mo 720p recording? I assume it stays 4:2:2, doesn't upgrade to 4:4:4 (ya, i know, dumb question, but if it did, I'd wonder if FCP supports 4:4:4 now) . . .

Thanks!
Laurence Maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

The uncompressed output is analog, not digital, so terms like data rate and 4:4:4 don't apply. Those are digital terms, not analog terms.

The analog equivalence would be megahertz sampling frequency, etc. And no, I don't know what those specs are. My guess is that it is the equivalent of 4:2:2, probably at 8-bit but perhaps 10; the XLH1's HD-SDI is nominally 10 bits but in actuality it's 8-bit, so it would be surprising if the HVX's analog was resolved at deeper depth than the XLH1, especially because the limiting factor in "bit depth" on an analog signal is the noise floor, and converting digital to analog is likely to show a bit more noise than keeping digital in a digital domain would.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders