Chris Hurd is a Gangsta!!! *smile* Call him Chris "smackdown" Hurd... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 18th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Chris Hurd is a Gangsta!!! *smile* Call him Chris "smackdown" Hurd...

Did you see him Suflex that guy in the other post?? Then He pile-drivered him on his head in the end! Reminded me of How Hulk Hogan used to do people back in the 80's! *smile*

CAMERA-MANIA 2005!!!!!

*smile*

Ok...ummm, i need to say someting about the HVX200 to follow posting regulations....

Hey everybody ... PANASONIC HVX-200 is an awesome piece of equipment!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!!! It's a great camera that shoots DVCPRO-HD. How do you guys like that camera???

lolol (i love it here)

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Major Player

I think the camera is the shiznit, and likes to party with the XL-H1 like Picasso and Matisse. :D
Old December 18th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Now that's just dangerously off-topic there, Shannon.

How about some Hennessey and a good cigar.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev Dinkins
I think the camera is the shiznit, and likes to party with the XL-H1 like Picasso and Matisse. :D
*attempting to make this thread more relative so Chris doesn't smack me down too!*
Ya know steve, that's interesting actually. I wonder how well both these cameras would match up if they were shooting the same movie at the same time, both in 1080p24.

I was thinking of keeping my Z1U for that very purpose, but I don't think it will look right. We all know the CF24 won't match the 24f no matter what we do. If I was shooting them both in 60i, then I'm sure they would be OK...but what about 24p projects. The only viable solution is the HVX200. it can probably match with the HD100 in 720p24 mode as well. HOWEVER I am SO NOT INTERESTED in 720. 1080 all the way for me, so that brings up the HVX200 & XL-H1 on the same movie set curiosity.

I wonder how they would fair up together. And here's the better question.... if you did have both cameras to shoot a 1080p24 project....which one would be your MASTER camera and which would be "B" or 2nd unit?? *smile*

- Shannon
Old December 18th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
if you did have both cameras to shoot a 1080p24 project....which one would be your MASTER camera and which would be "B" or 2nd unit??
Tough call there. If the majority of my edit was going to be in true 24p on the timeline, I think I'd be inclined to use the HVX200 workflow wise. However, this is just based on what I know about doing 24p with XL-H1 footage (mad scientest experiments yielding not so successful results). So... not to go too far off topic here, but have you figured out how to conform XL-H1 24F footage to a 23.98 timeline? You use Vegas, right?
Old December 18th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev Dinkins
have you figured out how to conform XL-H1 24F footage to a 23.98 timeline? You use Vegas, right?
Easy.... In Vegas simply choose in the drop-down menu the 1080i60 HDV as a start point when setting the preferences in Vegas. Then manually select the frame rate to 23.976 and change the field order to Progressive.

All done.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 19th, 2005, 02:27 AM   #7
DVX User

heh heh heh.. please dont send them my way.. please :)

nice to see Chris lay down the law though.. its been awhile.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:49 PM   #8
Regular Crew

People get a little nutty around the holidays, especially when you slip a little bit of Grandpa's hooch in the eggnog.
Damon Botsford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders