HVX200 starts shipping within end of 2005 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Just reproduce your FX1 evaluation.

It would be very nice to have some night and high contrast shots with strong, but tiny light sources in DVC-25, DVC-50 and DVC-HD one after another to see latitude, compression and blooming in the different modes. The HVX prototypes seem to have severe problems with vertical smear and detail loss in darker areas, so it would be most interesting to find out whether these issues were addressed already with the retail version.

And Kaku, thank you very much for your efforts which have been both helpful and entertaining in the past. Your contribution is always appreciated.
Lucia de Nieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #17
Tourist

Tokyo availability

It seems U.S. supply is going to be tight and I am not on any lists to get the camera anytime soon on or after the "official" December 29th release ... I saw mention of the 26th being the Japan relaease date??
Is the situation in Tokyo similar regarding supply? Will dealers have more cameras available or will they never hit the shelves and go straight out to fulfill backorders?
I will be in Tokyo in the next few days and want to know whether I should bother trying to find one ...
Tim Partridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #18
Trustee

Tim,
This is 25th Sunday right now and I have a feeling that the dealer that I deal with bring the cam at my office door like a day late Santa.

The package deal that I'm receiving is offered specially by Panasonic (as InterBEE show special), many of them reserved by Pro Video Station Shinjuku, is bundled with two 4GB P2 cards for free. I believe that PVSS already sold out the special packages.

I did hear that it is heavily back ordered.

Lucia,
Thank you for your encouragement, I will do as much as I can.

Last edited by Kaku Ito; December 25th, 2005 at 03:32 AM.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #19
Tourist

Kaku,
So I guess there is no point in getting on the plane and then knocking on PVSS's door and asking them to please sell me a camera on Monday?
I hope PanaSanta deliver's yours ... if you get an extra one by mistake let me know and I'll be there faster than Santa and his reindeer (I'm planning an 12-hour stopover in Tokyo JUST to get the camera!)
Thanks for the quick response.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #20
Major Player

Hey Kaku don't worry about those mendokusaihito don't even use your energy on those type, they're not worth it. How is pro video in Shinjuku? they do good deals? any experiences? Dude any HVX or XL H1 posts are better than no posts at all. Big up Kaku
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #21
Tourist

Jemore ... recommending where to get a camera seems less troublesome than shooting and posting footage but I get your message. Kaku somewhat answered your question re: PVSS.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #22
Major Player

hahaha Tim you're right! I forgot about our sponsors, no harm intended. Can sponsors ship overseas?
Old December 25th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #23
Tourist

I believe there are several hundred in the queue at B&H and those orders will probably take months (who knows?). PVSS is getting in an initial 10 cameras on 12/27 but all are straight out the door. This seems to be somewhat universal for all dealers. 10 each. They are saying that delivery will be by end of January.
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:30 AM   #24
Trustee

I will ask the sales person about how the availability is when he brings the cam.

PVSS is always aiming the cheapest for the popular cam models. As for my company, we are dealing with them because of mutual business. They are part of Hitachi Video section (distributor of Matrox), but they opened the store to provide good prices and late night shop hours for pros to buy products and professional tapes which noone was providing such.

PVSS is more towards selling gears instead of NLE systems, System5 is probably leaning towards system integration, Video Kinki is I guess like PVSS, but they are in the business for longer time.

I have to thank PVSS that I'm getting one of the 10 units from the initial bunch at their store. I also should recommend them to be the sponsor here, since their location is very good, very close to Shinjuku station where the largest Yodobashi Camera is located, that they can expect tourists to come around buy stuff.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders